Cosmetic Teeth Whitening Treatment
Cosmetic Teeth Whitening Treatment is one of many services that we provide at the Salt Cave Halotherapy & Wellness Centre. Most of structures at our Salt Cave Halotherapy & Wellness Centre have been made from Himalayan salt rock blocks. All of the Himalayan salt rock that we use has been retrieved from the world’s best organic Himalayan salt caves. You will get benefits of the Himalayan rock salt by having any sessions in our premises. The Himalayan rock salt attracts positive ions from you and gives or replaces negative ions. We are offering aesthetic teeth whitening services as part of the many services that we have at our site. Our founder with extensive medical background and experience together with the support of a highly competent team proudly bring this Cosmetic Teeth Whitening Treatment service to you. The staff are NZCTWA Registered Cosmetic Teeth Whitening Practitioner and Certified Teeth Whitening Aestheticians (www.nzctwa.org.nz) (www.nzctwa.org.nz/nzctwa.asp?DocumentID=151). We use one of The World’s Best Teeth Whitening System. Our device has been approved by CE, FDA, MSDS, SGS.
Our main aim is to provide effective Aesthetic Teeth Whitening solutions to our clients. Teeth whitening helps you gain confidence and restores your lovely smile.
Tooth Whitening Treatment, can either effect restoration of the natural tooth shade or whitening beyond natural tooth shade. Restoration of the underlying, natural tooth shade is possible by removing surface (extrinsic) stains (e.g. from colour food & drinks, tea, coffee, red wine and tobacco etc.) and calculus (tartar).
To whiten the natural tooth shade, a chemical along with a simple device is required. This is common procedure in cosmetic dentistry, and a number of different techniques are used by dental professionals. In our Salt Cave Halotherapy & Wellness Centre we use LED light and hydrogen peroxide of less than 12% concentration. This considered to be a safe practice for Cosmetic Teeth Whitening.
While we’d all love to have a picture perfect smile, years of drinking tea, coffee and red wine, smoking, or eating certain foods can leave you with stained, discoloured teeth and a smile you’d prefer to hide.
You’ll look younger and more attractive with a whiter smile.
In a recent survey, 100% of respondents, when shown a photo of a person with a healthy white smile, considered that person to be younger, more attractive and successful than seeing the same person’s photo with stained and unhealthy teeth.
Now you can get affordable specialist professional Teeth Whitening Services at less than 1/3rd of the price charged by some dental offices.
Trusted Specialist Experience
We whiten more teeth in a month than many dentists whiten over a single year.
Long-Lasting Results & Revisits for Touch Up
It is 100% guaranteed that the Teeth Whitening procedure will improve teeth shades, usually between 2-10 shades. The results you get and it’s long-lasting also dependent on your life style habits; particularly what you eat and drink. Personalized treatment plans can be made during consultation. Touch Up refresher treatments are recommended every 3-6 months to maintain optimum whiteness after undergone complete Teeth Whitening Treatment in the past.
Do the White Thing
Make your appointment now: book ONLINE on our website OR simply call the professionals at Salt Cave Halotherapy & Wellness Centre.
Whitest results- using the worlds most advanced technology
Globally, no other system can cosmetically whiten your teeth more. We use one of the world’s best Teeth Whitening System. Our device has been approved by CE, FDA, MSDS, SGS.
Your Comfort is Important to Us
You no longer need to endure uncomfortable trays, invasive application of gum protection or sticky gummy strips. You just fully relax in our comfortable chair while we give you your brightest smile in just one hour.
Caring, fully informed experience
Our claim is not just to whiten your teeth, but also to ensure you feel safe, fully informed and comfortable from the moment you arrive at one of our specialist clinics. Our staff are NZCTWA Registered Cosmetic Teeth Whitening Practitioner and Certified Teeth Whitening Aestheticians (www.nzctwa.org.nz) (www.nzctwa.org.nz/nzctwa.asp?DocumentID=151)
Description of the procedure
Teeth Whitening Treatment at Salt Cave Halotherapy & Wellness Centre treatment is designed to lighten the colour of the teeth using a combination of hydrogen peroxide based gel and a specially designed lamp. The treatment involves using the gel and lamp in conjunction with each other to produce the whitening action.
Each visit begins with a briefing session and step by step examination of your oral cavity. As a standard Teeth Whitening Treatment procedure: the whitening gel is applied to the teeth and the teeth will be exposed to the light from the lamp for two consecutive 15-minute sessions [this method is ideally suitable for mild to moderate stained teeth, for heavy stained teeth the same treatment should be done for two consecutive days]. For those requiring Touch Up treatment, 1 session of 15-minute cycle will be done [ideally suitable for maintenance purpose after undergone Teeth Whitening Treatment in the past].
After the treatment is completed, the retractor and eyewear is removed and mouth will need to be rinsed. Before and after the treatment, the shade of your front teeth will be assessed, shown to you, and recorded.
Clinical Trials have shown that indications for Teeth Whitening Treatment are:
- Restoration of the underlying, natural tooth shade is possible by simply removing surface (extrinsic) stains (e.g. from colour food & drinks, tea, coffee, red wine and smoke/tobacco etc.)
- Stain from medicines such as tetracycline.
- Calculus (tartar).
- Genetic (aging) yellow teeth.
- Wants to achieve cosmetic beautiful look.
Contraindication for Teeth Whitening Treatment for people with following factors:
- Carries, decay, crack or broken teeth, gum disease.
- Pregnant or lactating female.
- Cannot undergo treatment if you are susceptible to peroxides or glycol.
- Clients under the age of 16 year
Some tips to help you get the best from your Teeth Whitening:
- Girls, don’t wear lipstick to the session. This is so that you don’t risk getting any lipstick onto your teeth.
- Do not brush within 2-hours of coming- this is because some toothpastes contain fillers that can actually block the microscopic ‘pores’ in your teeth enamel making it harder for embedded stains to be released; we suggest the night before you have a good brush & floss, take care not to brush your gums too hard, especially the lower front. Then, on the morning of your whitening just a quick gentle clean with water only; don’t be concerned about the possibility of any breath odour…it’s natural, and we are immune.
- Come relaxed- Your job is to simply ‘chill out’ and forget the world for one hour as you listen to soft music, or bring your iPod/MP3 Player/ any musical device.
Common things can happen during Teeth Whitening Treatment
- Tooth Sensitivity
During the first 24 hours after the teeth whitening treatment, some clients can experience some tooth sensitivity. While rare with our Teeth Whitening Treatment system, tooth sensitivity is a common side effect of hydrogen peroxide based tooth whitening. It is usually mild, but it can be worse in susceptible individuals. Normally, tooth sensitivity following the use of hydrogen peroxide – based whitening products subsides within 24 to 72 hours. This sensitivity may vary in individuals.
People with existing sensitivity, recently cracked teeth, abrasions (micro-cracks), open cavities, leaking fillings, or other dental conditions that cause sensitivity may find that those conditions increase or prolong tooth sensitivity after the Teeth Whitening Treatment treatment.
- Gum Whitening / Irritation
In rare cases, whitening gel may come in contact with the gum tissue during the treatment and may cause whitening of the gums or gum line. This is due to exposure of a small area of those tissues to the whitening gel and the gum whitening is usually temporary and will subside almost immediately, with colour change in the gum tissue reversing within 30 minutes. This time may vary in individuals. When this occurs there maybe some mild inflammation or irritation when brushing.
- Dry Lips
Teeth Whitening Treatment involves two, 15-minute sessions during which the mouth is kept open continuously for the entire treatment by a plastic retractor. Lip protection cream is applied as needed, however, there is a small chance of dryness or chapping of the lips or cheek margins, which can be treated by application of lip balm, petroleum jelly, or Vitamin E cream.
After the Teeth Whitening Treatment, it is natural for the teeth to regress somewhat in their shading over time. This is natural and should be very gradual, but it can be accelerated by exposing the teeth to various staining agents. It is important to understand that the results of the treatment are not intended to be permanent and that repeat or Touch Up treatments may be needed to maintain the tooth shade desired for individual teeth.
Post Procedure Instructions:
Here are some tips to help you get the best from your Teeth Whitening Treatment:
For 24 hours after the Teeth Whitening Treatment:
- Do not eat or drink dark, staining substances such as: coffee, tea, red wine, soy sauce, and cola.
- Do not eat staining foods such as: beetroot, carrots, blueberries and the like; try to stick to a “white” diet such as Fish, Chicken, Potatoes, Cauliflower.
- Do not smoke cigarettes or use any tobacco-containing products.
- Do not use coloured toothpaste.
24 Hour WHITE FOOD suggestions include:
- Drinks – water and cold milk.
- Water – hot with a dash of lemon barley cordial Lemonade.
- Colour – free cordial.
- Lemon barley cordial.
- White wine.
- White grape juice and of course Champagne.
- Natural or vanilla flavoured yoghurt.
- White bread – brown crusts cut off.
- White honey.
- Banana Smoothie e.g. milk, banana.
- Natural yoghurt, vanilla ice cream.
- Smoked chicken – no dark skin.
- Roast chicken – no skin.
- Poached chicken.
- Steamed white fish.
- White pasta with a white sauce.
- White rice.
- Feta cheese.
- Potatoes – boiled or mashed, no skin.
- Cauliflower – steamed.
- White onions.
- White sauce.
- Rice pudding, no skin.
- Vanilla ice-cream.
- White chocolate.
- Pavlova with cream or natural yoghurt dressed with fresh banana.
Now that you have completed the whitening process, it is important that you follow certain precautions to maintain your sparkling smile.
To maintain your smile over the long term:
Touch Up treatments are suggested every 3 – 6 months. Ask your aesthetician about when is appropriate to schedule your next visit.
- Brush your teeth regularly with Teeth Cleaning / Whitening Foams. For additional maintenance effect, use our Teeth Whitening Pen. Ask your Aesthetician for more information.
- Visit your dentist regularly.
- Minimize consumption of coffee, tea, and other staining foods and drinks. Also, minimize cigarette smoking.
White Smile Tips:
White Teeth make you look younger – yellow or greyish teeth are associated with age.
Therefore, here are a few ‘Hollywood’ tips you can use to whiten your smile and keep you younger looking for longer:
- Choose darker lipstick colours with blue undertones because they make your teeth appear whiter. Avoid coral and orange lipsticks, which can make your teeth, appear yellowish.
- Blue tones in Shirts and Tops seem to make your teeth look whiter, whereas wearing white clothing can make your smile appear dull.
- Because Gold seems to exaggerate any yellowish tones in teeth try to avoid wearing gold near your face. Instead wearing white stones and silver jewellery makes your teeth appear whiter.
- Try a stain-resistant eating and drinking plan – “White foods + White drinks = Whiter Smile (for longer)”.
- Dark foods such as Red meats, Beetroot, Carrots, Blueberries and the like can stain your teeth.
- Drinks such as coffee, tea, cola, artificially coloured drinks, red wine, cranberry juice, grape juice can stain your teeth. Instead drink…. water, grapefruit juice, ginger ale, and chamomile tea.
- Also watch out for soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, and tomato sauce. Instead try white wine vinegar, olive oil.
- If you do eat or drink staining food or beverages, brush your teeth as soon as possible and try drinking hot drinks through a straw. (In counties where power whitened teeth are becoming the norm, many cafes and restaurants now provide heat resistant straws).
- Hot (and cold) foods and drinks can rapidly change the temperature of your teeth. This may cause your teeth to expand, and contract allowing stains to more quickly penetrate your teeth. At worst, rapid temperature changes may crack the glass-like enamel of your teeth.
- Acidic foods such as sugar, citrus etc. open up the pores of the tooth enamel, allowing stains to more easily move into your teeth.
- Smoking is one of the biggest offenders in ruining white smiles.
- Watch out for tongue piercing, it can lead to Metallic Staining making your teeth appear grey. Apart from teeth looking less than sexy, this type of staining is sometimes almost impossible to remove.
- Brushing your teeth twice a day for at least two-minutes, and floss once a day at least.
- Bleaching hair can make your smile appear dull.
- Use an electric toothbrush; it can do a better job.
Once have your gorgeous smile, you want to keep it that way, so a smart move is to get a regular dental check-up and cleaning every 3 – 6 months. To keep your teeth their whitest we recommend Touch Up treatments every 3 – 6 months depending on your life style and needs. Talk to your aesthetician on how to schedule your next visit.
- Beauty is power; a white smile is its sword. ~ Charles Reade.
- A smile is a curve that sets everything straight. ~ Phyllis Diller.
- The world always looks brighter from behind a smile. ~ Author Unknown
- Before you put on a frown, make absolutely sure there are no smiles available. ~ Jim Beggs.
- A smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks. ~ Charles Gordy.
- Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been. ~ Mark Twain, Following the Equator.
- The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~ William Shakespeare, Othello.
- A smile is the light in the window of your face that tells people you’re at home. (Unknown).
- If you smile at someone, they might smile back. ~ Author Unknown.
- Life is like a mirror, we get the best results when we smile at it. ~ Author Unknown.
- Everyone smiles in the same language. ~ Author Unknown.
- If you don’t have a smile, I’ll give you one of mine. ~ Author Unknown.
- I’ve never seen a smiling face that was not beautiful. ~ Author Unknown.
- Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles. ~ George Eliot.
Teeth Whitening Pen:
For additional maintenance effect use our Teeth Whitening Pen.
For best whitening results use:
- TWICE: (1) at early morning and (2) at late night as saliva output is at lowest level.
- Do not eat or drink within 30 minutes after using whitening pen.
Instructions for using the Teeth Whitening Pen:
- Brush and floss your teeth.
- Dry your teeth with a tissue.
- Twist the bottom of the pen clockwise (to the right) until a little gel flows from the gel chamber on to the brush. For first use you may need more twisting.
- Smile wide keeping lips away from your teeth.
- Use even brush strokes to apply a thin layer of gel to each tooth. DO NOT APPLY GEL TO THE GUMS.
- Relax your lips after 30 seconds.
- Avoid eating or drinking for 30 minutes after treatment.
- Use twice daily.
- Be sure to replace the lid, to keep the serum from drying out.
- Store in a cool place preferably refrigerate.
How to come for a Teeth Whitening session?
Come relaxed. Please read through the information on the website for the do’s and don’ts. We play standard music for you’d like to hear it during the procedure. You are welcome to bring your own music to enjoy using your ear plugs.
As per New Zealand Cosmetic Teeth Whitening Association [NZCTWA] industry price guide schedule, the recommended professional teeth whitening treatment fees are as follows:
- Each visit begins with a free briefing session of from 5 to 15 minutes.
- Pre – Whitening Teeth Whitening Consultation = $ 80.00 for 15-20 minutes [Begins with a briefing session and step by step examination of your oral cavity. Usually free if you have booked for Teeth Whitening Treatment with us].
- One Cycle x Touch Up Teeth Whitening Treatment = $ 250.00 [1 session of 15-20 minute cycle, ideally suitable for maintenance purpose after undergone Teeth Whitening Treatment in the past].
- Two Cycle x Teeth Whitening Treatment (60 minutes x 1 day) = $450.00 [2 session of 15-20 minute cycle, ideally suitable for mild to moderate stained teeth requiring Teeth Whitening Treatment].
- Three Cycle x Teeth Whitening Treatment (90 minutes x 1 day) = $650.00 [3 session of 15-20 minute cycle, ideally suitable for mild to moderate stained teeth requiring Teeth Whitening Treatment].
- Four Cycle x Teeth whitening treatment (60 minutes x 2 days back to back) = $750.00 [2 session of 15-20 minute cycle within two consecutive days, ideally suitable for heavy stained teeth requiring Teeth whitening treatment].
Product on sale:
We sell a Teeth Whitening Pen, cost $20
Click on the link below to download the enrolment form. Please download the form, read the information on it and bring it with you when you come for your session. You can sign it but if you have any questions we are happy to answer it for you before you sign it. Alternatively you can get the form at the centre and you can complete it before your session.
We are open: 10 am- 7 pm: Mondays to Sundays (including public holidays)
We are based at:
11 / 326 Sunset Road, Windsor Park, North Shore, Auckland 0632, New Zealand.
There are availability of onsite as well as off street parking for our clients.